eat your way through the game…
Pepperoni Mozzarella Bread
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cut loaf of bread in half widthwise; cut into 1-in. slices, leaving slices attached at bottom. Brush butter on both sides of each slice. Arrange pepperoni between slices; sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 18 slices.
1 1/2 sticks (or 3/4 cup) butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2-1/4 cups flour
1-2 cups chocolate chips (or whatever you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Stir together flour and baking soda and set aside
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together
- Add in pudding package and beat until well blended
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Add flour mixture slowly until well incorporated
- Add chocolate chips or whatever add-in you chose
- Roll into 1″ balls and place on greased baking sheet
- Bake at 350 F for 8-12 minutes
Good to the Last Bite Sandwich
- 8 slice(s) peppered turkey breast thinly sliced
- 8 slice(s) deli salami thinly sliced
- 8 slice(s) prosciutto ham thinly sliced
- 8 slice(s) Black Forest deli ham thinly sliced
- 8 slice(s) Swiss cheese thinly sliced
- 4 Mezzetta banana waxed peppers, drained, seeded, and sliced in strips
- 1 cup(s) Mezzetta deli-sliced roasted sweet bell pepper strips, drained
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 Mezzetta deli-sliced tamed jalapeño peppers, drained, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) jalapeño jelly
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh chopped mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 loaf(s) bread (Italian or focaccia), cut horizontally
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter at room temperature
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring jalapeño jelly and jalapeño pepper to a boil, reduce heat, simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir mint in until blended. Pour mixture in a small bowl, set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Heat a sandwich grill or a heavy skillet.
- Slice bread horizontally; cut the middle of the bread out, leaving 1/2 inch both top and bottom slices.
- On both flat sides of bread brush on the sandwich spread; layer sandwich as follows: turkey, salami, prosciutto, black forest ham, cheese, banana peppers, roasted bell peppers, salt, and ground pepper.
- Close sandwich and cut into 4 equal pieces. Brush top of the sandwich with butter, set sandwich, butter side down in the sandwich grill or skillet.
- Brush butter on top side of bread and place a large heavy skillet on top of sandwich (or a brick wrapped in foil) to evenly distribute weight and cook until nicely browned and the cheese is melted, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Repeat for the second sandwich.
Jalapeno Cream Cheese Poppers
- 1 (8oz.) block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup minced jalapenos (or 1/2 can, drained, if that’s easier for ya)
- 1 tube of regular crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a cookie sheet
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and jalapenos – mix well and set aside
- Open your crescent rolls (don’t separate them) and lay them on a piece of tin foil
- Separate long ways on the perforation, so you have two long sheets of crescent rolls with 4 rolls each in them
- Pinch the remaining perforations together on each of the two sheets (use a rolling pin if necessary) to make two continuous crescent roll sheets
- Divide the cream cheese mixture and spread evenly over both crescent sheets
- Roll them up like a hot dog (or from the short end), to make a long cream cheese/crescent roll – do this for both crescents
- Cut each cream cheese/crescent roll into 12-16 pieces, depending on how big you want your poppers to be
- Place each one, standing up, on your cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 11-13 minutes