Hi Mom- I will be totally unmotivated to do anything by the time the summer ends. How can I get some motivation?
Ut oh!! your question even sounds unmotivated- you asked about motivation to do anything?! Here’s a step by step to try to gain some motivation:
7. Ask yourself why you’re not motivated. Is there something you really want to do? if not may be that’s the problem.
6. Listen to classical music at 60 beats per minute. Music at 60 bpm balances the left and right hemispheres of your brain and helps your thinking and creativity. (sounds wacky but worth a try)
5. Work off of a plan. Don’t fill up your day with to-do lists full of errands and busy stuff. Make a big plan and stick to it. If you break up your plan into small, workable chunks you won’t feel overwhelmed.)
4. Find inspiration. Inspire yourself:
- Visualize what you’re doing this all for. Think about the emotions you’ll feel when you reach your goal.
- Identify “role models” and model them.
3. Move around. Moving around unblocks your motivation. Take a walk, dance around the house, or some other kind of exercise.
2. Create accountability. Post your goals on Facebook, get an accountability partner, or share your goals.
1. Relax. If you’ve tried to get motivated… just let go for a little while. Sometimes you can’t make things happen, they just will.